Monday, March 7, 2016

Great Week Topped Off with BBQ Ribs and More Baseball

Another cool statue here in Rivas.
I don't have much time this week to write. For P-Day today, we got back a little late from our Zone activity playing baseball and eating BBQ ribs in a different area of the zone, so I'm writing super fast right now.

This past week was actually pretty great. On Tuesday, we had some of the Hermanas come and work with us in our area. We didn't necessarily do divisions, but they left their area and came and worked with us in our area so that we could help them improve their skills as missionaries. It was great because my old buddy Elder Sheffler came down and he worked with us in Rivas, which was also his old area, so we visited some of his converts and people that he taught when he was here.

Playing baseball for our Zone Activity today for P-Day.
We have two really great investigators that are progressing really well and have made it to church the past 2 weeks. They have a goal to be baptized by the end of March. Unfortunately, J. hasn't made it back from Costa Rica yet or she would be baptized as well. One of the really cool things this week is that all of the people I have baptized here in Rivas made it to church yesterday, and the members have all been trying to strengthen their friendships with these new converts to help retain them better, which is super awesome.

Enjoying some BBQ ribs today after we worked up an appetite.
This coming week is cambios, and we are all betting that I will get a new companion. Elder Smith has been here for 3 transfers now, and this is where he started his mission, so we are betting he will be transferring. I don't really know if I will become a Zone Leader any time soon. Not many of the current Zone Leaders are going home, so there probably won't be a lot of changes with the Zone Leaders, but who knows? As of next month, I will have been serving as a District Leader for one year now, so I think I feel ready if I am called to be a Zone Leader.

Well, that's about all I have time for this week. Cambios and some super positive investigators right now, so I'm all good. The Church is true, the Book is blue, and Jesus was a Mormon -- :).



Our Zone Activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment