Monday, March 2, 2015

Power Outage and 6-Month Mark

Whoa! So the power has been out here in Ciudad Sandino for most of the afternoon, so we were struggling to find a cyber-cafe with the power on and enough computers for us to write emails until just now, and so I only have 30 minutes until we have to be to an appointment. So this is about to be the lamest email I have sent so far ... and yet ... as of tomorrow, I will have been on my mission for 6 months! I am very happy about hitting my 6-month mark, but I feel like I'm really still just beginning, and 1/4 of something isn't very much, ha ha.

Well, nothing special happened this past week. Elder Rodas and I did bring lots of new people to church yesterday, so hopefully some of them will keep progressing this week. It sure is getting hotter here, and it's rather miserable, so I wouldn't mind a little snow and cold right now.

Sorry, but that is all the time I have today. Pretty lame email, and not enough time for any picture downloads. We're still pushing hard and working away here in Barrio Trinidad!! Oh, one last thing that is kind of exciting -- we just found out (like just barely this very second we found out) that they are going to open a new Managua Nicaragua WEST Mission in June. I don't have much info about it yet, so I will keep you posted. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment